HEALTH & SAFETY TIPS
At Dubai Parks and Resorts™, the safety of our guests and employees is our primary focus. In addition to our existing health and safety protocols we have further enhanced our procedures in-line with the announcement of the UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention and in accordance with the World Health Organisation’s approved international practices.Here are some of the helpful tips and safety guidelines to keep you and your loved ones safe while enjoying your time with us.
ADDITIONAL PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
- Precautionary measures and sickness management protocols are strictly enforced upon colleagues and all staff working at the parks, including back of house temperature scanning.
- Guests are required to declare pre-existing health conditions upfront. Dubai Parks and Resorts™, will not be able to accommodate those at high risk of severe sickness due to existing medical conditions until further notice from the authorities.
- Rides, attractions, restaurants, retail stores, and common facility capacities are adjusted for social distancing. Maximum capacities will be clearly marked through signages or as guided by our park staff.
- Tables, seats, counters, lockers and queues are arranged and marked accordingly for guidance.
- Routine deep cleaning and disinfection will take place across all areas.
- Alcohol-based Hand Rubs (ABHR) available at strategic locations across the park. As a safety precaution it is also advised to carry your personal sanitizer.
- Specially dedicated bins are provided for the disposal of used personal protective equipment.
- For any sign or symptom of sickness, guests should report to the in-park Clinic where they will be attended to.
- In case of a medical emergency, the park(s) will implement a set of standard protocols adherent to WHO, DHA, Dubai Municipality and other government authorities.
TIPS FOR HAVING FUN AND STAYING SAFE
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Wear UV protective sunglasses and a hat or cap for blocking the sun.
- Apply sunscreen that protects against both UVA & UVB rays.
- Don’t wait till it’s too late to hydrate. Hydrate before you get going and before you get thirsty. It’s a good idea to drink 4-5 sips of water every 15 to 20 minutes.
- Parents are advised to pay special attention to their children. Children up to the age of 13 should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Make sure your child/children know how to contact you if they get lost. Put a note in his/her pocket, or on their wrist with phone numbers and names to contact.
- Designate a meeting place and time, just in case anyone gets separated for any reason.
- For safety reasons, you should not wear a scarf/ shawl while going on a ride.
- Some rides may be unsafe to selected individuals with special conditions, such as expectant mothers and persons with limitations due to medical, physical and mental conditions. Please check the precautions displayed in front of the rides or discuss with the ride attendant.
- Loose items and articles are not permitted on rides and attractions.
GENERAL THEME PARK RULES AND PROCEDURES
- Daily safety checks are conducted on rides.
- Safety harnesses are used as per safety requirements of the rides.
- Trained colleagues, lifeguards and security personnel are deployed strategically at the park to offer assistance and provide active support.
- Clinics, emergency trained staff and ambulances are available in all of our parks.
- Standard emergency procedures, equipment and facilities are consistently tested and checked.
- All visitor bags, luggage, parcels and any other items are screened at the point of entry to the parks and other locations inside the parks as we consider appropriate.
- Guests are advised to follow safety instructions of lifeguards, ride operators and read displayed instructions at ride entrances for safe riding.
- Strict water safety protocols including limited interactions and prohibitions on diving at shallow pools are imposed at water-related attractions.
- Any incident is attended and addressed sufficiently in accordance to set of standards and protocols which are consistent to the laws, rules and regulations of the park and governing entities.